The themes running through PSHE through discrete lessons in year 7 - 10 help support our young people in making their own, informed choices.
The PSHE curriculum:
• Aims to develop skills and attributes such as transition from year 6, resilience, self-esteem, risk-management, teamworking and critical thinking in the context of themes: health and wellbeing, relationships, staying safe online and living in the wider world.
• Views the student as a developing adult who should have the information and confidence to make their own decisions about life.
• Enables students to consider their own views, attitudes and values and those of other people.
• Provides comprehensive, unbiased and correct information.
• Is age appropriate and builds on learning and knowledge each year.
• Develops students personal and social skills.
• Encourages students to see their place in their community, from the school we belong to their part in the community and wider world.